In This week's national poll, Miami Northwestern and Miami Carol City – district foes – are rated…
PLAYOFF HEROES – Round No. 1
• Roosevelt Ross, RB, OCALA FOREST: Tallied 156 yards in a 17-6 win over visiting Groveland South Lake.
• Jacob Beard, DB, CITRA NORTH MARION: Wrestled the ball away from Crystal River's Justin Duncan at the North Marion 4-yard line with 1:20 left for the game-clinching interception that preserved a 38-31 win for the Colts.
• Marty Allen, RB, DUNNELLON: Rushed for 193 yards on only 11 carries and scored four touchdowns as the Tigers chalked up their first postseason victory since beating Jacksonville Bolles in 1985, 57-28, over Bushnell South Sumter.
• Derek Bush, QB, EAST RIDGE: Was 9-for-20 for 195 yards and one interception in a 34-9 win over Bellview.
• Vernon Reed, RB, KISSIMMEE OSCEOLA: Ran for 165 yards on 24 carries in a 20-7 win over Longwood Lyman.
• Ellis Gauden, WR, TALLAHASSEE GODBY: Came down with the ball in the endzone with no time remaining on the clock in a 27-21 win over Milton.
• D.J. Hall, S, FORT WALTON BEACH CHOCTAWHATCHEE: Picked off a pass that helped in a stunning 14-13 win over Pace.
• Terrence Jones, ATHLETE, SARASOTA BOOKER: Accounted for 3 TD and passed the 2,000-yard total offense mark for the year in a 49-7 win over Sebring.
• Riley Cooper, ATHLETE, CLEARWATER CENTRAL CATHOLIC: Returned the opening kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown to spark his team to a 41-6 win over Frostproof.
• Jameel Williams, QB, SEFFNER ARMWOOD: Attempted only four passes, but he completed three for 30, 32 and 26 yards in a 28-10 win over Dunedin. He also gained 81 yards on 10 carries.
• Harrison Beck, QB, CLEARWATER COUNTRYSIDE: Threw for 266 yards and 3 TD in a 34-15 win over Tampa Alonso.
• Alex Suber, RB, TAMPA JEFRFERSON: Had 215 yards and scored 2 TD in a 69-22 over Dade City Pasco.
• Chris Perez, DB, LAND O'LAKES: Made a diving interception in the end zone with 27 seconds left to seal Land O'Lakes' 24-19 first-round playoff win over Auburndale.
• Marcello Trigg, QB, TAMPA ROBINSON: The sophomore threw for 266 yards and three touchdowns, the last a 52-yarder to senior Amando Murillo on third and 15, in a 28-7 win over previously unbeaten Wesley Chapel.
• Ricky Ponton, RB, TAMPA HILLSBOROUGH: Ran for 210 yards and 3 scores in a convincing 41-14 win over Lakeland.
• Jarrid Daniels, RB, CLEARWATER: Burst 53 yards to the 3, setting up Jabez Mitchem's winning 1-yard run in Clearwater's 21-20 victory Pinellas Seminole.
• Bobby Ransom, RB, TALLAHASSEE NORTH FLORIDA CHRISTIAN: Ran for 146 yards on 12 carries, including two first-half touchdowns as the Eagles scored on their first five possessions in a 49-21 win over Ocala Trinity Catholic.
• Jonathan Eugene, DB, NAPLES: Intercepted a Hurricanes' pass and returned it 86 yards for a touchdown in a 19-14 Region 5A-3 playoff victory against Bradenton Manatee.
• Javarris James, RB, IMMOKALEE: Ran for 147 yards rushing and three touchdowns in a 43-8 win over Cocoa Beach.
• Ryan McCutcheon, RB, FORT MYERS: Ran 23 times for 228 yards and three touchdowns in a 36-19 win over Punta Gorda Charlotte.
• Daquan Adderly, RB, CLEWISTON: Rushed for 200 yards, 146 in the second half, on 31 carries in a 24-14 win over previously unbeaten Wauchulla Hardee County.
• Lester Graham, RB, FORT PIERCE JOHN CARROLL: Rushed for a career-best 209 yards and scored two touchdowns to lead the Golden Rams past St. Petersburg Catholic 31-14.
• Jarvis Drayton, RB, PORT ST. LUCIE CENTENNIAL WEST: Rushed for 211 yards on 18 carries, intercepted a pass, and returned a kickoff 60 yards as Centennial defeated Sebastian River 31-22.
• Eric Rutledge, RB, GAINESVILLE P.K. YONGE: Scored twice and led his team to a 21-14 win over South Daytona Warner Christian.
• Paul O'Hara, RB, CROSS CITY DIXIE COUNTY: Continued his brilliant junior year with four touchdowns and 344 in a 47-14 win over Wildwood.
• Logan Hall, QB, LIVE OAK SUWANNEE: Completed 12-of-22 for a season-high 283 yards and a pair of touchdowns in a 24-18 win over Gulf Breeze. His favorite targets were Bruce Cherry (seven receptions for 156 yards, touchdown) and Bruce Johnson.
• Dakia Howard, NG, FORT MEADE: Came up with 14 tackles in a 24-0 win over St. Petersburg Admiral Farragut.
• Charles McCrea, RB, HOLLYWOOD CHAMINADE-MADONNA: Ran for 99 yards on just 5 carroes and scored 2 TD in a 42-0 win over Boca Raton Pope John Paul II.
• Brad Salisbury, RB, WEST PALM BEACH KING'S ACADEMY: Had 194 yards and scored a TD in a convincing 34-0 win over Miami Westminster Christian.
• Tavaris James, RB, MIAMI BAY POINT: Ran for 88 yards and a TD as the Falcons, competing in their first ever post season game, beat North Palm Beach Benjamin, 14-0.
Sean Allen, QB, SUNRISE PIPER: Threw a pair of TD passes in a 41-25 win over Weston Cypress Bay.
• Chris Decaro, RB, Weston Cypress Bay: Ended the season with over 1,000 yards, including 137 in a 41-25 loss to Sunrise Piper.
• Gregory Redding, DB, MIAMI CAROL CITY: Returned an interception 44 yards for a score to spark the Chiefs to a 30-7 win over Davie Western.
• Tayari Jones, LB, HOLLYWOOD MCARTHUR: Came up with 19 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries and a blocked kick in a 7-0 win over defending 6A state champion Miami Norland. Jones leads the state of Florida with 186 tackles in 11 games.
• Chris May, WR, PALM BEACH GARDENS DWYER: Caught a pair of TD passes in a 30-0 win over Fort Lauderdale Dillard.
• Tim Harris, Jr., QB, MIAMI BOOKER T. WASHINGTON: Threw for 234 yards and 2 TD in a 21-7 win over Boca Raton.
• Frantz Simeon, RB, PALM BEACH GARDENS: Set the tempo of the game early with a 51-yard scoring run in a 13-2 win over Parkland Douglas.
• Ricardo Curry, RB, PLANTATION: Ran for 122 yards in a 20-0 win over North Miami Beach.
• Gerard Hamlett, RB, FORT LAUDERDALE ST. THOMAS AQUINAS: Ran for a school-record 269 yards and 4 TD in a 35-0 win over Delray Beach Atlantic.
• Johnny Gray, WR, DEERFIELD BEACH: Caught 6 balls for 107 yards and a TD in a 51-0 win over Lantana Santaluces.
• Jatavious Best, RB, PALM BEACH LAKES: The junior ran for 102 yards and a TD in a 15-12 stunner over defending 5A state champion Pompano Beach Ely.
• Chad Simpson, RB, MIAMI EDISON: Scored 3 TD as the Red Raiders, who will travel to St. Thomas in round 2, beat Cooper City 41-0.
• Danny Verpaele, QB, MERRITT ISLAND: Accounted for 4 TD in a 43-7 win over Fort Lauderdale.
• Omar Haugabrook, QB, GLADES CENTRAL: Accounted for 412 yards and 4 TD in a 48-6 win over Hallandale.
• Devon Ross, QB, MARATHON: Accounted for 177 yards in a 10-7 win over Pompano Beach.
• Just Garrett, QB, GLADES DAY: Fired a TD pass to Caleb Shoemaker late in the fourth quarter as the Gators edged Hollywood Christian, 14-7.
• Ted Riley, ATHLETE, DELRAY AMERICAN HERITAGE: Took a kickoff 85 yards for a score to ignite the defending state runnerups to a 54-14 win over Broward Christian.
• Davin Walker, WR, CORAL GABLES: Caught 4 passes for 135 yards and 2 TD in a 28-13 win over Hialeah.
• Anthony Campbell, RB, HIALEAH: Ended a brilliant career with 156 yards and a TD in a 28-13 loss to Coral Gables.
• Conredge Collins, FB, MIAMI MONSIGNOR PACE: Ignited his team with a 70-yard scoring run in a 41-6 win over Fort Pierce Westwood.
• Carl Martin, RB, MIAMI COLUMBUS: ran for 197 yards in a 45-9 win over Miami American.
• Jorge Rios, RB, MIAMI BELEN JESUIT: Ran for 173 yards in a stunning 21-3 win over West Palm Beach Cardinal Newman.
• Cory Siaba, PK, MIAMI KILLIAN: Booted 3 field goals and 3 extra points in a 48-6 win over Miami Palmetto.
• Kevin Moyd, RB, MIAMI NORTHWESTERN: Substituting for Terry Perry, he ran for 173 yards and a TD in a 34-7 win over South Plantation.
Dominic Geist, TE, BRADENTON BAYSHORE: Caught a TD pass that sparked his team to a 20-0 win over Cape Coral Mariner.
• Chris London, RB, LAKELAND KATHLEEN: Had a scoring run with 6:57 remaining that broke a 49-all tie and proved to be the eventual game-winner in a 55-49 win over Daytona Beach Seabreeze.
• Xavier Lee, QB, DAYTONA BEACH SEABREEZE: Accounted for six of Seabreeze's seven TDs -- four passing and two rushing. He completed 22 of 36 passes for 375 yards with no interceptions in a 55-49 loss to Lakeland Kathleen. He finishes his brilliant career with 549 completions in 993 attempts for 9,082 yards, 98 touchdowns and 33 interceptions.
• Brandon Steward, DB, FLAGLER PALM COAST: gave his school its first ever playoff victiry with a late interception in a 21-16 win over Gainesville Buchholz.
• Vince Wilson, RB, DAYTONA BEACH MAINLAND: Rushed for a season-high 221 yards and three scores in a 39-20 win over Jacksonville Bartram Trail.
• Clay Gregory, PK, JACKSONVILLE UNIVERSITY CHRISTIAN: Booted 2 field goals of 43 and 47 yards that sparked his team to a 27-17 win over previously unbeaten Melbourne Holy Trinity.
• Jeramie Haley, FB, COCOA: The junior ran 14 times for 165 yards and scored a touchdown and the Tigers came up with a defensive stand late in the fourth quarter to hold off visiting Lake Wales 14-10.
• Tommy Brothers, RB, TITUSVILLE ASTRONAUT: Had 148 yards rushing on 12 carries in a 42-0 win over Jupiter. He now has 897 yards on the season.
• Kevin Harris, RB, Jimmy Caldwell, LB, and Pat and Vinny Cucci, WINTER SPRINGS: Harris had 134 yds on 23 carries with 1 TD, Caldwell added 14 tackles, The Cucci brothers Pat and Vinny combined for over 20 tackles in a stunning 21-19 first round win over nationally-rated Palm Bay.
• Maurice Wells, RB, JACKSONVILLE SANDALWOOD: Rushed for 214 yards on 35 carries, lifting the Saints to a 28-16 victory over Orlando Olympia. Wells has rushed for more than 200 yards in all but one of Sandalwood's games this season, and now needs just 81 yards to break Willie McClendon's Jacksonville record for a single season (2,969).
• Aaron McGhee, QB. JACKSONVILLE RAINES: Threw for 223 yards and 2 TD in a 42-7 win over Jacksonville Bishop Kenny.
• Riley Skinner, QB, JACKSONVILLE BOLLES: Was 9 for 16 for 204 passing yards. His first touchdown came in the second quarter on a 60-yard pass to Stephen Chicola in a 38-6 win over Jacksonville Andrew Jackson.
• Curtis Francis, RB, GREEN COVE SPRINGS CLAY: Ran for 240 yards and 2 TD in a 28-3 win over St. Augustine.
• Trent Stewart, RB, MIDDLEBURG: Rushed for 312 yards and had five scores to lead the Broncos (8-3) to their first playoff win in school history, 54-28, over Palatka.
SunStateFootball.com Recommended Stories
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
NFL Week 12: Every Game Previewed
It's a wild slate of games this Sunday with several matchups that involve playoff seeding implications and a few divisional showdowns.Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More
- Southeastern University Announces New Wrestling Program
- Congratulations to Brandon Staley
- Congrat's Dontae McGee on signing with Ohio University Bobcats
- OPC Info??
- Congratulations to Sawyer Root