Del Roberts, a multi-talented receiver/kick return specialist at Tallahassee Godby High School,…
FOOTBALL HEROES – Week No. 10
• Julio Moraga, PK, HOMESTEAD: Booted a 28 yard field goal with 4:28 left in the 4th quarter in a 30-27 win over Miami Columbus.
• Larry Scott, RB, MIAMI KILLIAN: Scored on a 3-yard TD run with 6:28 left to give the Cougars a 14-7 win over Miami Coral Reef.
• Walter McFadden, ATHLETE, POMPANO BEACH ELY: Returned the opening kick 92 yards for a score to help the Tigers to a 33-0 Soul Bowl win over Fort Lauderdale Dillard.
• Jeramie Harley, FB, COCOA: The sophomore fullback broke loose for a pair of long touchdown runs and piled up 160 yards on the ground in a 33-13 win over Bayside.
• Bo Smith, ATHLETE, ROCKLEDGE: Had a 95 kickoff return in a 48-7 win over Satellite, sending the senior class out with two state championships.
• Ray Herring, ATHLETE, MELBOURNE Holy Trinity: Scored 4 TD as the team finished the regular season 10-0 with a 35-10 victory, spoiling Melbourne Central Catholic's homecoming.
• Mike Hamilton, RB, MELBOURNE: Ran through, over and around Titusville for a whopping 322 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Bulldogs to a resounding 66-29 victory.
• Ervine Everett, RB, SEBASTIAN RIVER: Rushed for 123 yards on 17 carriers and scored a touchdown, as Sebastian River rallied from a 10-point halftime deficit to beat Martin County 14-10.
• Douglas McCarter Jr., WR, CAPE CORAL MARINER: The junior led the offense, piling up 218 all-purpose yards in a 68-21 win over Fort Myers Riverdale. He finished the night with three rushing touchdowns and a 95-yard kickoff return for another score. He also added an 80-yard return in the second half.
• Fafa Alce, RB, NAPLES LELY: The junior led the Trojans with 177 yards in 19 carries in a 36-14 win over Port Charlotte.
• Josh Vogelbach, QB, FORT MYERS BISHOP VEROT: Threw two touchdown passes in completing 14 of 21 for 225 yards in a 54-18 win over Sarasota Cardinal Newman.
• Jamelle Eugene, RB, NAPLES: Scored TDs of 2, 16, 88 and 10 yards in a 63-0 win over Fort Myers Cypress Lake.
• Diere Diejuste, QB, FORT PIERCE CENTRAL: Scored on a sneak on fourth-and-goal from the Westwood 1 with 12 seconds left to defeat the Fort Pierce Westwood Panthers 34-27.
• Alex Courtney, RB, ALACHUA SANTA FE: Rushed for three touchdowns and added another score on a punt return in a 34-24 win over Fort White.
• Bernard Williams, RB, LIVE OAK SUWANNEE: Ran for 144 yards and scored 3 TD in a 49-21 win over Hamilton County.
• James Richey, RB, BELL: Collected 141 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries to help the Bulldogs earn their second straight win, 26-6, over Aucilla Christian.
• Bryan Sheffield, ATHLETE, WILLISTON: Ran back a kickoff 100 yards to spark his team to a 20-13 upset win over Chiefland.
• Chubb Small, RB, AUBURNDALE: Ran for 231 yards on 14 carries and eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark for the season in the process in a 52-0 win over Celebration.
• Donnie Powell, RB, OCALA ST. JOHN: Broke the Marion County career rushing record with 239 yards and two touchdowns, breaking Lamar Rembert's (Belleview) record of 4,319 yards set in 1998 with 4,371 in just three seasons with the Saints. They lost to St. Petersburg Northside Christian, 40-16.
• Vernon Reed, RB, KISSIMMEE OSCEOLA: Ran for 245 yards in a 34-20 win over Orlando Lake Highland Prep.
• David Jones, LB, GLADES CENTRAL: Returned a fumble 18 yards for a score to lift the unbeaten Raiders to a 28-15 Muck Bowl win over previously unbeaten Pahokee.
• Chris Horton, QB, BOCA RATON POPE JOHN PAUL II: Passed for two touchdowns and ran for two more in a 38-27 win over Lake Worth.
• McKinson Souverain, QB, DELRAY BEACH ATLANTIC: Accounted for 308 yards in a 41-37 win over Boca Raton.
• Jarrett Brown, QB, PALM BEACH LAKES: Completed all 13 of his passes, including eight to wide receiver Brandon Heath (137 yards, two touchdowns), for 183 yards in a 53-13 win over Lantana Santaluces.
• Damian Sims, RB, GREENACRES JOHN I. LEONARD: Ran for 275 yards and 4 TD in a 34-3 win over Wellington.
• Keith Leonard, HEAD COACH, GONZALEZ TATE: Guided his team to a 41-20 win over Pensacola Woodham in his final game as head coach. Leonard has taken an administrative position with the Escambia County School System.
• Reggie Smith, RB, PENSACOLA WASHINGTON: Had 18 carries for 235 yards, including touchdown runs of 14, 7 and 53 yards in a 45-14 win over pensacola Pine Forest.
• Danny Royster, RB, NICEVILLE: Ran for 172 yards in a thrilling 25-22 win over Pensacola Escambia.
• Alex Gordon, QB, PENSACOLA: The senior accounted for 176 yards and 3 TD in a 28-14 win over East Gadsden.
• Marshall Walker, PK, JACKSONVILLE LEE: Kicked a 27-yard field goal with 1:29 left in the game to give Lee the win over visiting Bartram Trail.
• Fred Andrew, RB, PLANT CITY DURANT: Had 222 yards and a 91-yard kickoff return in a 39-21 win over Middleton.
• Marcello Trigg, QB, TAMPA ROBINSON: Completed 9-of-17 for 256 yards and two touchdown in a 38-14 win over Tampa Plant.BR>
• Tony Thomas, RB, VALRICO BLOOMINGDALE: Ran for 164 yards and 2 RD in a 35-0 win over Newsome.
• SEFFNER ARMWOOD: Running back Demetrius McCray and quarterback Jameel Williams each surpassed 1,000 season rushing yards, joining teammate Kalvin Bailey (1,170) in a 57-22 win over Brandon.
• Fred Marshall, QB, LARGO: Threw for 250 yards in a 38-7 win over Clearwater. Marshall and Elijah McGill connected seven times for 168 yards and a touchdown.
• Shamen Washington, RB, BOCA CIEGA: Racked up 200 yards and 2 TD in a 21-20 win over St. Petersburg Lakewood.
• Alvin Byrd, S, TARPONS SPRINGS: Intercepted 2 passes in a 35-21 win over Tarpon Springs.
• Bam Cleveland, RB, CRYSTAL RIVER: Rushed for 176 yards and two scores and senior Chianta Smith had 160 yards and three touchdowns in a 41-17 win over Ocala West Port.
• Briceton Wilson, RB, CRAWFORDVILLE WAKULLA: Ran for 185 yards in a 54-13 qin over Greensboro. Wilson joined head coach J.D. Jones in the record book on the evening. Jones won his 200th career game. Wilson broke Wakulla's 18-year-old regular-season record of 1,511, set by Willie Thomas in 1985.
• Jarvis Myers, QB, TALLAHASSEE GODBY: Threw for 280 yards, including an amazing 234 in the first quarter as he connected on scoring strikes of 52 and 71 yards to Del Roberts as Godby rallied from an early 7-0 deficit and shocked Lincoln, 35-27.
• Robert Brown, DB, VERNON: Returned an interception 66 yards as Vernon capped a 24-0 shutout win over Holmes County.
• Bryan Graham, WR, HOLLYWOOD MCARTHUR: The senior had 5 catches for 194 yards and 3 TD in a 36-0 win over Weston Cypress Bay.
• Emmanuel Cruz, RB, HOLLYWOOD MCARTHUR: The senior ran for 162 yards and a TD in a 36-0 win over Weston Cypress Bay.
• Travorus Bess, RB, PLANTATION: Scored all 5 TD and ran for 139 yards in the first half of a 64-3 win over Coral Springs Taravella.
• Paul McCall, QB, HOLLYWOOD HILLS: The junior threw for 194 yards and 4 TD in a 48-18 win over Miramar.
• Kimbrick Baker, WR, MIRAMAR: Caught 5 passes for 215 yards and 2 TD in a 48-18 loss to Hollywood Hills.
• Harry Lorusso, QB, FORT LAUDERDALE ST. THOMAS AQUINAS: Threw for 141 yards and 2 TD in a 30-3 win over Hallandale.
• Ryan Owoc, ATHLETE, COOPER CITY: Returned a kickoff 90 yards to spark the Cowboys to a 21-13 win over Davie Western in the Hog Bowl.
• Johnny Gray, ATHLETE, DEERFIELD BEACH: Ignited the Bucks with a 67-yard punt return for a TD in a 48-21 win over Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson.
• Austin Purvis, DB, CORAL SPRINGS: Returned an interception 43 yards for a score in a 37-14 win over Hollywood South Broward.
• Craig Roberts, DB, FORT LAUDERDALE STRANAHAN: Returned an interception 95 yards for a score to spark the Dragons to a 48-27 win over Fort Lauderdale.
• Marques LaPrade, DB, HOLLYWOOD CHRISTIAN: Had a 44-yard interception return for a score to lead the 1A Eagles over the 2A Wolverines of Miami Belen Jesuit, 24-10.
• DIvory Edgecomb, RB, PLANTATION AMERICAN HERITAGE: Put on another show as he ran for 142 yards and 4 TD in a 25-8 win over Immokalee. Edgecomb finishes the season with 1,688 yards.
• Carl Volny, RB, PEMBROKE PINES CHARTER: The sophomore ran for 284 yards and 2 TD in a 27-12 win over Coral Springs Charter.
• Rod Coby, RB, LAKELAND EVANGEL CHRISTIAN: The junior ran for 132 yards and 3 TD in a 68-0 win over Fort Lauderdale Westminster Academy.
• Dexter Davidson, QB, NORTH BROWARD PREP: Threw for 206 yards and 2 TD in a 50-8 win over Broward Christian.
• Xavier Thomas, RB, CORAL GABLES: Scored the winning touchdown on a 7-yard run in a 20-14 victory over Miami Felix Varela.
• Tommy Crews, PK, MIAMI MONSIGNOR PACE: His first quarter field goal turned out to be the difference in a 3-0 win over 6A Miami Central.
• Mike Jardin, QB, MIAMI BEACH: Accounted for 177 yards and 4 TD in a 30-28 win over Miami Palmetto.
• Patrick Robinson, DB, SOUTH MIAMI: Came up with 3 interceptions in a 20-13 win over South Dade.
• Andrew Green, QB, MIAMI ARCHBISHOP CARROLL: Threw the game-winning TD as time was running out in a 27-21 win over Miami Florida Christian.
• Eon Rivera, RB, MIAMI NORTHWEST CHRISTIAN: Ran for a season high 309 yards and 2 TD in a 42-8 win over Boca Raton Christian.
• Anthony Campbell, RB, HIALEAH: Ran for 218 yards and 5 TD in a 42-14 win over North Miami.
• LaFonzo Ruffin, LB, MIAMI BOOKER T. WASHINGTON: Came up with a key hit on quarterback Tino Edgecombe that shook the ball loose. It was picked up by Joseph Jackson who returned it 37 yards for a score in a 14-7 win over Miami Edison. It was the third straight loss to the Red Raiders in the series.
• SirDarean Adams, David Jones and Kenny Jenkins, BRADENTON BAYSHORE: Combined for 329 rushing yards on 33 carries - led by Jones' 175-yard effort in a 34-14 win over Bradenton Manatee.
• Desmond Gee, RB, Marquise Powell, RB, MADISON COUNTY: Combined for 489 yards and 5 TD in a 56-42 win over Daytona Beach Seabreeze.
• Xavier Lee, QB, DAYTONA BEACH SEABREEZE: Despite losing 56-42 to Madison County, he had 5 TD passes, and in the process became Florida's all-time prep leader in TD passes. His five TD strikes gave him 94 for his career, surpassing the previous mark of 91 established by Lakeland Kathleen's David Bowden from 1967 to '69.
• John Thomson, QB, ORLANDO DR. PHILLIPS: Rushed for 87 yards on 10 carries and threw for 114 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-19 win over Deltona Pine Ridge.
. • Matt Manning, PK/RB, PIERSON TAYLOR: Not only did he kick three extra points, but also carried eight times for 121 yards and a TD in a 45-42 shootout win over Deltona.
• Marshwan Gilyard, RB, FLAGLER PALM COAST: Ran for 198 yards and scored twice in a 28-21 win over St. Augustine Menendez.
• Curtis Francis, RB, GREEN COVE SPRINGS CLAY: Rushed for 136 yards on 29 carries in a 13-7 win over defending 2A state champions Jacksonville Bolles.
• Roy Polite, RB, NEPTUNE BEACH FLETCHER: Ran for 192 yards in a 16-6 win over Jacksonville Andrew Jackson.
• Sam Swank, PK, NEPTUNE BEACH FLETCHER: Kicked field goals of 25, 44 and 22 yards in a 16-6 win over Jacksonville Andrew Jackson.
• Trent Stewart, RB, MIDDLEBURG: Rushed for 267 yards and three touchdowns in a 48-28 win over Ponta Vedra Beach Nease. The Broncos (7-3) will go to the playoffs next week for the first time in 13 years
• Joe Singleton, QB, JACKSONVILLE FORREST: The talented junior threw for 209 yards and three touchdowns in a 40-26 win over Jacksonville Wolfson.
• Walter McCrary, RB, BAKER COUNTY: Scored on runs of 52, 53, and 54 yards, finished with 179 yards on eight carries in a 58-6 win over Fernandina Beach.
• Alphonso Smith, RB, STRAKE BRADFORD COUNTY: Scored 4 TD in a 28-14 win over Jacksonville Bishop Kenny.
• Lawrence Tookes, RB, JACKSONVILLE ENGLEWOOD: Carried the ball 22 times for 143 yards in a 28-21 win over Jacksonville Epsicopal.
• Tyrone Bolden, RB, JACKSONVILLE EPISCOPAL: Ranm for 161 yards in a 28-21 loss to Jacksonville Englewood.
• Brandon Croley and Mike McIntosh, ATHLETES, JACKSONVILLE FIRST COAST: Each returned punts for touchdowns in a 46-7 win over Stanton Prep.
• Shawn Holmes, DB, ST. AUGUSTINE: Had two first-half touchdowns and two interceptions in a 48-6 win over Orange Park Ridgeview. He scored on a blocked punt and 65-yard scoring catch from Carlton Smith.
• Justin Treece, LB, BARTRAM TRAIL: Had 19 tackles (12 solo, 7 assist) in a 15-13 loss to Jacksonville Lee. This brings Justin's total to 152 tackles for the year, with 33 for losses.
• Stevie Williams, ATHLETE, HOLLYWOOD CHAMINADE-MADONNA: Had a 71-yard TD reception and blocked two punts as the 2A Lions rolled over previosly unbeaten Daytona Beach Mainland, 31-9.
• Brett Swenson, PK, FORT LAUDERDALE CARDINAL GIBBONS: Booted a 30-yard field goal with 17 seconds left to lift the Redskins to a 30-28 win over Pembroke Pines Flanagan. Cardinal Gibbons ends the year 6-4.
• Lamonte Stephens, RB, BOCA RATON ST. ANDREW'S: Ran for 2 TD and 133 yards in a season-ending 41-21 win over Miami LaSalle.
• Dimitri Linton, RB, OAKLAND PARK NORTHEAST: Scored his record-setting 31st TD of the season and added 126 yards in a 21-0 win over Davie Nova.
• Tyrell Daniels, ATHLETE, IVES ESTATES DR. MICHAEL KROP: The sophomore retunred a kickoff 99 yards in a 14-8 loss to Hialeah Miami Lakes.
• Marc Alphonse, QB, MIAMI CORAL PARK: Accounted for 275 yards and 3 TD in a 48-22 win over Miami Sunset.
• Gavin Grigg, RB, TALLAHASSEE LEON: Scored 4 TD as the Lions beat Tallahassee Rickards 38-0. The Lions, who won once a year ago, travels to Lake City Columbia next week with an 8-2 record.
• Nigel Bryant, FB, WESLEY CHAPEL: Accounted for 217 yards and 3 TD in a 52-7 win over New Port Richey Mitchell.
SunStateFootball.com Recommended Stories
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More
Pelini on ESPN and SEC network
Head coach Bo Pelini questions whether relationships between news outlets and conferences is good for college football.Read More
Wild Sixth Inning Keys Royals' Game Two Win
In the span of three sixth-inning pitches, the Kansas City Royals broke a close game wide open and gave themselves a cushion they wouldn't lose in their 7-2 Game Two World Series win over the San…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More